Saturday, April 17, 2021

Thoughts: He is our ROCK!

Aren't kids amazing? They surprise us when we least expect it. My kids have always been somewhat interested in collecting rocks, especially our 18 month old. He always grabs rocks literally wherever he goes. He naturally classifies them by size and sorts them into groups. Our 7 year old joins in the rock fun by using them to battle each other. His imagination is endless and could go on forever, especially with thousands of rocks and sticks available in the natural world around him. Well, the most amazing part I feel is that this week our oldest son decided he wanted to do a unit study on rocks. He is just so interested. It amazes me, because his interest REALLY grew during Easter week. Here's a Bible verse to better explain how I feel about it... Psalm 18:2 ESV The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer, my God, my rock, in whom I take refuge, my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. Out of all things they could have wanted to learn about... It could be dinosaurs, medieval times, sharks, literally anything else and they both at the very same time suddenly become super interested in ROCKS! It's a beautiful sign for us all. Remember, children are naturally CLOSER to God than we are. Someone I just met recently told me that babies are angels. Literally. He said as we grow older, we just become more human. However, babies are, and always will be, angels. It is really beautiful to think about. We are planning lots of fun rock activities to do, especially since Earth day is coming up! It is now our mission ;) I'll update this post with a link to other posts which will include the hands on activities we try once we get the ball rolling. We already have a few things in mind such as rock painting, sensory bins, collecting, and more! The kids are already collecting rocks from everywhere we go. I will share the rocks they find in the LiveDiscoverExplore group on Facebook here! Rocks are so amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Christmas Surprise

It's that time of the year where we are mixed with thoughts of making memories with loved ones, remembering the birth of Jesus, and the ...