Saturday, January 2, 2021

2021 Blessings and Decisions

Waking up near midnight was a blessing, because I got to catch up on some much needed "me time". This me time was just scrolling on Facebook, but I needed that. I simply needed quiet time. Alone. Being ambivert (intro and extrovert), it was MY time to recharge my mind.

Life is a blessing. My children are a blessing and my husband is a blessing. Just about two weeks ago time stood still for us. Our 1 year old who was fighting for his life at birth was fighting for his life once again and we felt helpless. High fever, febrile seizures, not knowing what was causing it...made us feel pretty darn helpless and frustrated as parents. He's okay now, back to his normal self and I call that a miracle!



We often see past these blessings and look for problems and as human beings that is as natural as it's going to get. We will see the problems and have to face them, but we still have a choice. We have the choice to face the problems and work through them or to run away and have regrets. This year and the years to come, I choose to face all the problems. Not all at once, but as they come.

This year I am blessed, because I still get to spend time with my family. I still get to see the boys laughing, breathe fresh air, walk among many other things. I'm here for a reason I do not know. If you're reading this, then you are too.

We may not be where we want to be, yet, but we are where God wants us to be.


Here are the things we have decided to do or change in 2021 and the list goes on. . .

We decided to read the Bible as a family, even though it's less than a chapter a day. It's still helping us grow.

We decided to buy less, spend more time together doing things.

We decided to argue less, discuss more.

We decided to complain less and be aware of what we are thankful for.

We decided to move forward, not backward. (Even though memories are awesome!)

We decided to live in the moment, but still prepare for the future!

There's many more things to add to our list and this list will continue to grow as the years pass. Our decisions can be considered as lifestyles. Let's grow together.

I hope you really have a Happy New Year and many more years to Live, Discover, and Explore!  

What are YOU doing different this year?

#lessismore
#livediscoverexplore
#2021 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Christmas Surprise

It's that time of the year where we are mixed with thoughts of making memories with loved ones, remembering the birth of Jesus, and the ...